Upcoming Alumni Related Events
New events such as Happy Hours, Lunch with Dean Kevin Avruch, a Townhall Meeting with Dean Kevin Avruch, Lunch with Faculty Members and more are being planned for 2014, and they will be posted on our events page with links and descriptions found here. Check back soon to see how you can stay involved with your alma mater!
Become an S-CAR Chapter Leader
We are currently searching for new S-CAR Alumni Chapter Leaders. There has never been a better time to reconnect with S-CAR.
If you are interested in volunteering your time and skills for the betterment of the S-CAR Alumni Chapter, then we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com.
2014 S-CAR Distinguished Alumni Award: Call for Nominations!
For the past five years, S-CAR has awarded an Alumni member with the S-CAR Distinguished Alumni Award. All S-CAR Alumni are eligible to receive this award (undergraduate, certificate, MS and PhD).
We would like to receive nominations from the S-CAR Alumni Community and S-CAR Faculty. The S-CAR Faculty Board will then select the winner at a Faculty Board meeting in early 2014. The award recipient will be presented with the award by Dean Avruch at the Mason Alumni Association's Annual Celebration of Distinction on April 9th with the venue to be announced soon.
Criteria for this award
Awards and recognition
Service/contributions to S-CAR community
Level of engagement with the University
Demonstrated excellence in conflict resolution theory/research/practice
Past Award Recipients
2013 Susan Shearouse, MS
2012 Dr. Craig Zelizer
2011 Dr. Mary Wade
2010 Dr. Lisa Schirch
2009 Dr. Mohammed Abu Nimer
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more than 30 years, the Mason Alumni Association has recognized outstanding alumni, students, and faculty. Through nominations, the Alumni Association selects and recognizes an Alumnus or Alumna of the Year, a Faculty Member of the Year, an Alumni Service Award winner, and presents one Senior of the Year.
* Resume and/or biography of the nominee
* Nominating statement that addresses the specified criteria (Nominating statements should be no more than two pages typewritten.)
* A maximum of three supporting letters for each nomination
* Current members of the George Mason Alumni Association board of directors are ineligible for the award, and previous recipients are not eligible for the same award.
* The deadline for nominations is 11:59pm on January 6, 2014. We are currently accepting nominations online.
To nominate someone online, visit the Mason Alumni Association.
Mission Statement of the George Mason University Alumni Association
The mission of the George Mason University Alumni Association is to strengthen George Mason University by engaging alumni through fellowship, programs, and services that encourage active participation in the university community.
* We value the diverse alumni of George Mason University and are committed to strengthening the relations between alumni and the university through accessible and inclusive programs and services.
* We value the partnership between the Office of Alumni Affairs and the volunteers of the Alumni Association and support the office’s goals and objectives.
* We value the faculty, staff, and administration of the university and their work in preparing future alumni for meaningful and successful lives.
* We value the role of communication and cultivation in engaging alumni in academic, social, and philanthropic activities.
* We value the future of George Mason University and its students—our future alumni.
* We value and understand the legacy we create at George Mason University.
* We value and recognize the importance of our stewardship of the Alumni Association.
Learn more about the History of the George Mason University Alumni Association.