Center for Peacemaking Practice Lunch - Sports and Peacebuilding
Ph.D, George Mason University
Do you learn from your own engagement in conflict? Are you interested in sharing you practical experience with others, or learning more about practical engagement in conflict and peacemaking?
Come and join the Center for Peacemaking Practice for our bi-weekly Practitioner Lunches.
Lunches are open to anyone interested in attending, regardless of experience!
January 29th - "Sports and Peacebuilding"
Join Craig Esherick, Assistant Professor of Sports Management, and Robert Baker, Associate Professor of Sports Management for a conversation on their experiences using sports as a peacebuilding and community building tool. Esherick and Baker have traveled throughout India, using basketball clinics and camps to build cooperation and community.
Come and join in a conversation as they reflect on what they have learned from this experience, and discuss ways in which sports could be used more widely in the field of peacemaking and peacebuilding.
Everyone Welcome! Lunch Provided!
**Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org**
Keep up with events from the Center for Peacemaking Practice by joining our mailing list!
- CANCELLED: Special Screening of Admissions with Producer and Writer John Viscount - (Soolmaz Abooali)
- Dissertation Proposal Defense: Bridget Moix - Choosing Peace: A Collaborative Study of Peace Agency - (Bridget Moix)
- Roundtable: Carrying out healing and reconciliation workshops for South Sudanese in the United States - (Soolmaz Abooali)
- The John Burton Library Writing Workshop Series- Conference Writing and Publication Workshop. Molly Tepper, S-CAR - (mtepper)
- Gershon Baskin- The Israeli Palestinian Peace process: lessons learned from 22 years of failed agreements - (cdanie11)