Welcome Incoming Master's Students!

Welcome Incoming Master's Students!

Enrollment Confirmation - Due by December 8th

Welcome S-CAR Graduate Students:

Spring 2015 Enrollment Confirmation:

  • If you have not already confirmed your enrollment, please confirm by clicking here. Please complete the form by December 8th. 
  • Please note, if you accept your offer of admission, it may take up to 2 business days for your record to be updated. Once your record is updated, you will be able to activate your account and begin the registration process.
Incoming Students Checklist

MARK your calendars for Spring 2015 S-CAR New Student Orientation

  • Thursday, January 15th, 2015 from 5pm-9pm.  Beverages and light appetizers will be served. Orientation is required for ALL incoming students.

SCHEDULE your advising appointment by January 9th

  • All incoming MS students are required to meet with Monique Peterson (mpeter15@gmu.edu) or Lisa Shaw (lshaw2@gmu.edu) prior to orientation.
  • Click Below to schedule your meeting.  Please schedule your advising appointment no later than January 9, 2015.  These meetings can take place either In-Person, via Skype, or by telephone.
  • Information on your assigned faculty mentor given to you at orientation. 



SET UP your G# and Patriot Pass account:
  • All incoming students must set up their Patriot Pass account. This enables students to register   for courses and use Mason secure systems.
  • Once you have indicated your intent to enroll and it has been processed, you may access the PatriotPass system to claim your username/NetID, click HERE and select option #1. Your Claim Code is your birthdate in the following format: MMDDYY
  • You received your G number when you submitted your admissions application.  Your G number can also be found on your Student Status Sheet included in your acceptance letter by mail.

UPDATE your information:

  •  Update your information by logging into Patriotweb. Choose update address(es) and phone number(s) under the Personal Information Tab. It is very important to update your contact information so that S-CAR and GMU can send you materials to the correct mailing address.

SEND us a bio and photo:

  • Email your bio (no more than 200 words) and photo to scarmgr@gmu.edu
  • Tell us  who you are, where you are coming from and what interests you about s-car.
  • We will compile this information into a cohort booklet that will be shared at orientation.  

WATCH the program overview webinar:

CREATE your GMU e-mail address:

  • Your Patriot Pass information will be your login for your Mason Live E-mail account.
  • You can set up your Mason Live account to forward a copy of your Mason Live E-Mail to your personal email such as Gmail or Hotmail, etc.  
  • You must check this E-Mail address. Mason faculty and staff are required to use this address for student information.

GET your Mason student ID:

  • The Mason ID can be obtained in Hazel Hall, Room 134 (located in the Law Library). 
  • The card  gives you access to the S-CAR office, books at the GMU Library and student discounts.
  • MasonMoney can be loaded onto the card to pay for printing/photocopies and other purchases on campus.

REGISTER for classes: 

SUBMIT health records to the Immunization Office:

  • Virginia law requires ALL admitted university students to submit immunization documentation. Records should be  submitted directly to the Immunization office by Close of Business (4:30pm), March 1, 2015.  
  • Need to get immunized? Make an appointment here! 
  • A hold will be placed on your account and a late fee assessed if you do not submit your complete immunization records by the posted deadline.This hold will prevent you from registering for future classes and can have implications on visas for international students.

ENROLL in Mason's Health Insurance Plan

  • All international students are required to have health insurance. The University's Student Health Insurance Program is Aetna.
  • Register here before the second week of school to ensure you have coverage.
Resources for International/Military/Online Students
International Student Resources: Office of International Programs & Services
Military Students: Office of Military Services
Important Documents
Still have more questions?
Contact Us

Lisa Shaw

Director of Student Services and Field Experience



Monique Peterson

Academic Advisor and Student Services Coordinator


S-CAR.GMU.EDU | Copyright © 2010-2015

Copyright © 2013 | All rights reserved