Each year S-CAR hires a number of students in part time administrative roles. As these opportunities open they are circulated to the entire graduate student community with information on how to apply. These appointments are not set aside ahead of time but are done through matching of needs of the position and student experience and skills.
Students are eligible for a variety of on-campus positions. In the past students have worked at:
- University Information http://info.gmu.edu/employment.html for the Arlington campus
- Arlington Campus Library
- University Life
- Other administrative offices
- Most on-campus positions are listed through HireMason, https://gmu-csm.symplicity.com/students/ a service available to active students and alumni
Off-campus employment- Washington, DC still enjoys one of the lowest unemployment rates in the country. Relevant off-campus employments has regularly been found at organizations such as the United States Institute of Peace, Institute for Multi-Track Diplomacy, various International Development agencies and many others. Several websites are particularly good sources for finding positions including:
- Peace and Collaborative Development Networkhttp://www.internationalpeaceandconflict.org/
- S-CAR Community Network and Forum (open to current students and alumni)
If you are looking for other scholarship opportunities you may want to try those offered from outside sources.
If you are looking for other scholarship opportunities you may want to try those offered directly from George Mason University.