Practical Approaches to Peacebuilding: Putting Theory to Work
Publication Details MORE
- Pages: 180
- Published Date: March 1, 2016
- Publisher: Lynne Rienner Publishers
- ISBN: 9781626374584
What is sustainable peacebuilding? And what is the relationship between empirical realities and theoretical approaches to the subject? The authors of Practical Approaches to Peacebuilding present a series of case studies from around the world to explore how various peacebuilding theories engage and interact with lived experiences, and also to elaborate useful new theoretical perspectives.
- Peacebuilding in Theory and Practice—P. Firchow and H. Anastasiou.
- The Peace Triangle: Capturing Peace After Military Victory in Sri Lanka—K. Höglund, M. Söderberg Kovacs, and W. Thiyagaraja.
- Development and Peacebuilding: Dam Construction and Violence in the Amazon—A. Freitas and F. Lethem.
- Religion and Peacebuilding: Human Insecurity and the Colonial Legacy in Myanmar—G. Shani and S. Saeed.
- Gender and Peacebuilding: "Boxed in by Culture" in the Pacific Islands?—N. George and C. Doerksen.
- Refugees and Peacebuilding: "Poor Country" Problems in Cambodia and Bosnia-Herzegovina—S. Edington and C. Hughes.
- Engaging the Liberal Peace Paradigm: The Case of Rotary International—P. Firchow.
- Appendix: Rotary International's Contribution to Peace—H. Anastasiou.